In the Blue Corner
So here I am then, weighing in at a post Christmas 13 stone 7lb, a strapping 6ft 1inches (ish), size 10 feet, sticky out ears and ruggedly handsome hahaha
They are my starting stats for the year.
My targets for 2014: (in no particular order)
1. To run 4-5 half marathons (already booked Southend and Warwick Castle)
2. To Run at least the 874 miles for the #LETJOG challenge.
3. To cross the finishing line of the Southend Half Marathon hand in hand with wifey.
4. To get down to my fighting weight of 13 stone and 1 lb by March.
5. Improve the 6 pack by June for our Holiday
There is someway to go with my training for a half marathon, and it starts here.
Training for a half marathon
When I trained for the Amsterdam Marathon back in 2012 I stuck to a 12 week training plan as best I could. At times I went over the stated amount of miles, but I rested when it said to rest and I incorporated some races during the 12 weeks too.
I’ve had a look at a few training programmes at a ‘just above beginner’ level to try and improve my pace and strength as I haven’t ran properly for 3 months, I have found one which takes me up to 8 miles, but I will probably adapt a little to suit my working hours and weekends etc.
First run of the New Year
So, I’ve just got back from my first run of my training, and knocked 5.9 miles off of the 874 miles for LETJOG14, only 868.1 miles to go. Piece of cake hahaha.
So, 5.9 miles; 1097 calories in 49mins 24secs. Average 8:22 pace.
Not as quick as I used to be, but it’ll do for a starter!